By the Disability.gov Team
It’s hard to believe that tomorrow, when the clock strikes midnight, the Disability.gov team will begin a new year of guest blogs. Once again, we have a lot to be thankful for – let’s start with recognizing the excellent posts we featured from Disability.gov’s federal partners; nonprofit organizations such as NICHCY, the Family Caregiver Alliance and the Judge David L. Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law; as well as leaders in the disability community, including the Honorable Tony Coelho, Bob Williams and Dr. Jonathan Young. We are appreciative that more than 75 guest bloggers took the time to share their expertise and personal stories.
This year, Disability.Blog highlighted professional photographs and personal stories from the No Boundaries Photo Project, a Disability.gov initiative that educates employers and others about the skills and talents of individuals with disabilities. We also redesigned Disability.Blog – and although, it’s still a work in progress – we’re proud of its new look and feel. Recently, we moved the blog to WordPress in order to enhance accessibility and usability for all readers.
Most importantly, we’d like to recognize each and every one of you for visiting Disability.Blog, and for your thoughtful comments and questions. We look forward to ushering in another great year of guest blogs in 2012.
Below are the 10 most popular guest blogs on Disability.Blog from the past year (based on page views):
- Together, We Can Improve Lives by Jeff Sell, Esq., Vice President of Public Policy & General Counsel at the Autism Society
- Q & A: Reasonable Accommodations by the Job Accommodation Network team
- Benefits.gov – Your Path to Government Benefits by the Benefits.gov Team
- Celebrating the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) at Home and Abroad by Judith Heumann, Special Advisor for International Rights at the Department of State
- Living Free: Celebrating the Accessibility Requirements of the Fair Housing Act by Bryan Greene, General Deputy Assistant Secretary at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
- “No Boundaries” Education by Patricia K. Ralabate, Ed.D., Director of the National UDL Center, and David Gordon, Director of Communications at CAST
- Social Security Administration Announces 2011 Work Incentives Webinar Series by Dan O’Brien, Acting Associate Commissioner, Office of Employment Support Programs, Social Security Administration
- My Name is Evan, Call Me by It by Evan Heller, Senior at Attleboro High School
- New Grant Awards Support the ADA Vision on Its 21st Anniversary by Kathy Greenlee, Assistant Secretary of Aging, U.S. Department of Health and Human Service
- Observing World AIDS Day by Miguel Gomez, Director of AIDS.gov
Please leave a comment to let us know what you think and what topics you’d like to see covered next year.
We wish you a safe and happy holiday!