Finding the Right Home for You
Finding the Right Home for You

Categories: Housing

By Guest Blogger Moe Veissi, President, National Association of Realtors®

Realtors® help people into homes every day, but for our clients with disabilities, homeownership can present its own challenges. As president of the National Association of Realtors® (NAR), I’m proud of the association’s work in support of accessibility and assistance for people with disabilities.

NAR provides its Realtor® members with training and resources to help them better assist all of their clients, including those with disabilities. NAR provides guidance for Realtors® on finding specialized contractors for home modifications and resources for identifying financing programs that can help buyers with disabilities adapt their new home to meet their needs. In addition, NAR’s At Home with Diversity® certification teaches Realtors® how they can increase their sensitivity and adaptability to future market trends, including awareness of inclusion and fair housing laws.

Some local Realtor® associations have also developed programs to meet specialized needs. For example, the Chicago Association of Realtors® created the “Heroes Welcome Homeprogram, which prepares Realtors® to advise veterans on adapting homes to accommodate disabilities and locating community rehabilitation and other veteran services.

Owning a home is a personal decision, and Realtors® understand that renting is the better option for some. To protect the rights of renters as well as homeowners, NAR has urged state and local authorities to adopt building codes that reflect the design and construction requirements of the Fair Housing Amendments Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Whether their clients want to achieve their dreams of homeownership or decide that renting is right for them, Realtors® stand ready to help families everywhere overcome any barriers – whether financial or physical – to finding the right home for them.

Maurice “Moe” Veissi, a REALTOR® from Miami, Fla., is the president of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®,  America’s largest trade association, representing 1.1 million members involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries. Active in his community, Veissi founded the Silent Angels Charitable Foundation, has coached several youth sports teams and volunteered with Habitat for Humanity, Camillus House for the Homeless and the Athletic Committee of Columbus High School. Veissi and his wife, Matey, also a REALTOR®, have two sons.

46 Responses to Finding the Right Home for You

1. John says:

Sister is disabled with MS in assisted living and now in financial crisis in CA. She can’t pay her rent for the facility. What does she do?

2. Felicia B. says:

I am on Section 8 and I want to own my own home. Can you please help me? I have a disability and would like some guidance. [I live in Atlanta, GA.] Please have a disability specialist call me who works in HUD to help me find me a house.

Felicia B.

3. Linda says:

To all – wanting a house? Contact USDA. Payments are based on income. Also, they can help you to get on rental housing.

4. Tommy P. says:

Same situation as the man above. I have Chron’s disease and worked anyway as a Physical Therapist for 20 years. During that time, I had 14 surgeries and the the final blow came when Katrine hit us on the Gulf Coast. My wife left with my now 12yo and filed bankrupty and because she did payments online and I trusted her. She acquired about 20 credit cards and then used land I was given as inheritance by my parents to get a loan on it and because I filed disablity, I could not afford our homes and her credit cards around 500k. So I work for about 2 years trying to find a way to get a home and finally was told the university of Ms. could help. I called them and told them my story and they said if your credit is bad, no help for you. They said I should have not signed with my wife on credit. What is marriage? Now I live with my 85 yo parents and this place will go to my brother. Cardboard Condo here I come. Good job America.

5. Jan says:

Disability blog team.gov,

I am wanting to communicate with DR O’Bryan, could you help me in how I would go about that?

Jan

Hi Jan,

We will send him an email letting him know you would like to be in contact. Is is okay for us to share your email address with him?

Thank you!

6. Barb says:

This article is interesting, but does not address a large number of persons living with disabilities. In my state, county and city, accomodation eligibility is only available for homeowners. As several bloggers remarked, due to the financial stress many of us experience during our stages of disability, we’ve been forced to sell our homes/housing. I’m one of those. I’ve owned and lived in quite a few homes over 40 years as a homeowner. After disability determination, and going through the devasting SSA process, I could no longer afford to live in my home.

I have been renting for the past 10 years, but none of my apartments have been handicapped accessible. My landlords have let me know that I could make needed accomodations, but at my own expense. Of course, those upgrades would then be left behind if I moved. One of the most frustrating issues (for those of the naive able-bodied) is personal hygiene. We can buy toilet accomodations, but often we find we cannot get into/out of our bathtubs. Alternatives are expensive, especially for devices to get into/out of the tub. We probably all have shower chairs, flexible shower hose, etc., but how do we firstly get into the tub to shower? Most apartments don’t even have grab bars. And, those suction ones will put you on the floor.

How about the housing industry getting behind those of us who are getting by in rentals? Only if we are eligible financially or can get high enough on a waiting list have a chance at congregate housing, which is now required to have some (but not necessarily all) accomodations as part of building codes.

• Mechelle says:

I am glad to see your response because the same is going on all around those that need it most and hate to ask for help. Thank you.

• Oussama says:

Relative to affordable housing, I look forward to seeing the demographics. I’d like to know how many low-income and moderate-income people live in Acton, currently. I’d like to see how we compare to neighboring towns, so I can see if we’re doing our share . If we aren’t, I want to understand the options on how to actually do our share. I’d also like to know how many existing housing units that are:- for rent- valued at $200K and below- valued at $175K and below; and- valued at $150K and below. I think that it’s important for us to decide, as a community, what we consider our social obligation to be. What part we’re not already doing. And if there’s more that we want to be doing, whether we want to build new additional units to satisfy the social obligation. Or if we want to try and use existing houses/condos to meet that obligation.

7. Dallas says:

I’m a 59 year old Vietnam era Vet. Had to sell my 1976 camper/home because I couldn’t afford to pay my medical bills! I am in need of a home. I grew up on a Dairy Farm that belonged to my grandfather. All I need is a home. My medical problems are aggitated daily because of the indignity of not having what a person should have! I have tried HUD. You have to have a good credit score. I am bginning to think I am crazy because I read about HUD homes for people with low income and no credit or bad credit, but when I speak to them they send me on a wild goose chase. I will not give up. There should be a way for people to get a home. Thank you for your time! DB

8. Dallas says:

I have been disabled for 32 years. I was a welder for a brick masonry co. A laborer knocked the scafolding support leg off of the wooden blocks and all the freshly stocked bricks & blocks fell 30′ down on my head! I was a company man. I went to the emergency room and had x-rays, doctor gave me a neck brace, some pills and said no work for two weeks. I showed up the next morning, but my supervisor told me to go home! After three years of off & on workmans’ comp., the doctor released me to light duty! I was “let” go because there were no light duty jobs for me.

I went to work for a car dealership prepping new cars. One Sunday morning on the family drive, I began to cough, then I felt a burning sensation go from my bottom to my head and then urine poured all over me! I had no feeling from the waist down to my feet! My wife had to slide over and put her foot on the brake. I just fell over and she drove to my sisters’ home where they called an ambulance. The Orthopedic surgeon on duty told me he had to operate immediately, and that I could not be moved! I have had six failed laminectomies, two microdiscectomies. The neurosurgeon that did the last microdisectomies came to my hospital room and stated that he found another slightly bulging disk, but the chance of me becoming paralyzed from the neck down was too much of a risk, & that if I took care,& didn’t have any sudden falls or accidents, I would probably make out ok!

I filed for disability 4 times,& finally went before an administrative law judge! I had to be excused five or more time to urinate during the session! I finally received 100% disability in 1986. Five years after the first accident on the job, I was in a wheelchair for two years, three months before I started feeling pain in my buttocks and feet! The doctor told me that was good news! I learned to walk again, “but” I broke my left ankle six or seven times because I still had no feeling in my left lower! No enjoyment at all!

Back in 1996, I went to a personal protection & security academy. I became a State certified Armed Security Officer! I worked for four years at that job. One day while working at an Airport, I noticed a male subject coming and going all day. He was picking up air freight. I asked him about his job, and he told me that he made about two hundred $ a day! I was tired of being a walking target and the security job was sometimes 12 on, 12 off. I was sick of the liabilities of carrying a firearm and at $9.00 an hour! So I got the information from the air freight courier and went to work for myself. I made $78,000.00 in 9 months.

Then one day I was driving my mother’s nurse aid to my mother’s house and a log truck stopped in front of me. All I remember was a log with a red flag on it coming at my windshield, and lightly puting my foot on the brake to slow to a stop when “BAM” I was looking at the headliner of the Ford Festiva! Both front seats were broken all the way back, and were lying on the rear seat! My passenger’s seatbelt broke and she had been holding her small dog in her arms. The radio flew from the dash and hit me in the forehead, the ashtray flew out of the dash,&landed in the rear window! I was numb all over, my ears were ringing so loud that I could not hear the lady lying next to me yelling at me (so she said!), “Are you ok?!” I don’t know how long it was, but everything seemed as if it was in slow motion! Next a man was at my window seemed like mumbling, “Can we assist you? Don’t move, we will get a Backboard!” I tried to raise myself up, but had no feeling in my arms. I had all of a sudden a searing hot burning sensation moving up the middle of my back! I began to think the car was on fire! Then another man asked the passenger to get out of the car, and he began to take my pulse! That’s when I told him to leave me alone, and that I would be ok! LOL. This jerk began to pick up the chain that I kept in the ashtray! That angered me, so I said “What the h&&ll are you doing?” He backed out of the passenger side of the car, then the man that had told me not to move, that we will get a backboard came back to the driver side and yelled out (“WE CAME HERE TO HELP YOU, BUT IF YOU’RE GONNA ACT LIKE AN A$$#@!& we will just 10/8.” I said go ahead and I didn’t call you anyway! Then there was a police officer at the door yelling at me to get out of the car! I told him that the door would not open. He then started to yank,&yank onthe door until the door handle came off in his hand! LOL! He said get out of the other side! I complied.

As we were walking back to his police car, I overheard three police officers and the man that had just struck my passenger,& myself From the rear carrying on a conversation! QUOTE (“HEY JOHN, HOW’S YOUR MOM? I WAS OUT AT HER HOUSE THE OTHER NIGHT!”). When we followed up on a drunk and disorderly call came through, then another officer asked the man, “How’s your sister? I havent seen her since we dated back in high school.” The man said “They are alright.” Then the first officer asked the man, “Just about how fast do you think you were going before you had this unfortuate problem?” The man said, “Oh, I think about 35 mph.” That is when the same officer told the man, “Whoa! Don’t ever say that. You know this is a twenty mph zone.” I should have kept my big mouth closed, but I could tell that they were old high school buddies and I was just visiting, and I was from another state, so I said “I heard that!” That’s when the officer that was leading me back to his unit (police car) told me to shut up! Rule one, I give respect and expect the same, but I took his advise and took a seat on the front passenger side.

The officer that was entertaining me stated for me to write down exactly what happened, handed me a piece of paper and pen. Then he said, “Before we go any further, I need your operator’s and the registration & any insurance on that piece of sh!^ if you have any at all!” Now all the while my passenger was left sitting on the sidewalk holding her little dog and crying her eyes out! I think that that is the closest that I’ve ever been to walking back to my mother’s car and getting my 9mm and doing an UNGODLY STUPID CRIME! Thank God I’m a Former Marine Airdale! And could keep my stupidity from showing!

About ten minutes later, the police officer returned from His HUDDLE with the other officers and sat down in the operator’s seat! He said, “Why don’t you have a N.C. Operator’s permit?” I told him that I was here on family matters and that what made him think that I would want to change my operator’s permit anyway? He said “You have a home here, don’t you?” I said, “Yes, but it is where my mother lives, not me!” He then said that I caused the wreck by slamming on my brakes in front of the man that rear ended me! I said read that paper you asked me to write and maybe you will understand! He took the paper and crushed it up into a ball! I asked for the other driver’s information, and he said it will be about a week before you get anything from us, and by the way, what do these numbers mean on the top of your operator’s Licence? I told him that any police officer that had been trained to be able to perform his duties correctly should know what they meant! He handed me my paperwork, being an Operator’s permit, a Government employees’ insurance card & finally my Registration card to the vehickle that was later determined to be totaled! All the while glaring at me as if he were some type of superhero! Lol. Then he said get out of my car! I said, “You surely mean the citizens’ public sevant vehicle, don’t you, Sir??”

I took the nurse aid with me and we went to the Hospital Emergency department! They tried to squeeze as many unnecessary tests as they could out of the two of us and the outcome was that we both had whiplash and contusions! They gave us both prescriptions for opium-based class two narcotics that I wouldn’t take if you put a pistol to my head and billed each of us $3,745 dollars, NO MRI, NO CAT SCAN, just x-rays and a tetanus shot. We had no cuts! When I finally went back to my home state, I went directly to my doctor. He sent me to a fine neurologist. After the MRI, the neurologist gave me the bad news. I had a severely herniated C5/6 cause was severe whiplash! I contacted an attorney and he stated that I would have to go back to N.C. to hire an attorney! That would be like getting Hitler to give you one of his lamps!

I was told that N.C. Law states that if a driver contributes to a rear end collision, it is called a NO FAULT accident! I beg to differ. The United States Supreme Court states that in any state if a operator of a motor vehicle follows so close as that he/she is unable to avoid a collision, that the accident is automatically the driver’s fault for FOLLOWING TOO CLOSE! Now I have lost the feeling in both arms and both legs. My cervical stem has been damaged to the point that I may go blind and these make the rules as you go along dirty cops are out there still doing what they do best! So far I have collected over 67 pictures of different cops taking pay offs from drug dealers and getting pleasured by local prostitutes that would rather make fifty dollars just to record the conversations and unmentionable acts that they perform! And MY friend has a cracked shoulder blade and a calcium deposit from the fracture not being correctly attended to, as for her little dog she has a huge hernia and can hardly jump up on her tiny bed! So if there’s anyone that would like to communicate with me about unfair practices that has ruined their lives, please ask the operators of this fantastic website for permission to communicate with me as we all have to band together to change the wrongs that have changed our lives!

Sincerely, DR O’Bryan

• Tiny says:

Sweetie, now is a GREAT time to buy. AND there are programs to help single moms in many states. Try checking out the HUD website (www.HUD.gov) and check with your state housing authority for programs that will help you. What state are you in? I also know of some terrific websites to help single mothers with all kinds of financial issues. If you give me the ok, I will e-mail them to you. Love and Luck, Miss Delanne

• Jan says:

DR O’Bryan,

My husband had a very similar situation and I would be very appreciative if we could talk further.

I have never blogged, so let me know what I need to do so we all can talk.

Thanks,

Jan

• Kathryn S. says:

Your story touched my heart so much. I know and have had so much injustice in my life also. But please don’t let bitterness ruin your life. It is a cancer that eats away at you. It doesn’t hurt those bastards. Forgive them for your sake, and ask The Lord to help you to be a Heavenly Warrior for Christ. Look what they did to Jesus. Talk about injustice! This is an evil, evil world.

9. Faye C. says:

I have fibromyalgia and multi-focal and cervical dystonia (spasmodic torticollis). I am awaiting approval from my insurance for treatment of the dystonia which will involve BOTOX injections. I haven’t been approved for disability yet, I am at the ALJ stage and awaiting a hearing date. In the meantime, because I haven’t been approved, my insurance will run out the end of May. I am in my own home, but facing foreclosure. I’m at the end of my rope and my finances. Is there any program that helps people to stay in their home while waiting for disability? I think there should be. In my research I found out that 89% of foreclosures are because of disability. Please respond, I’ve looked everywhere for help.

10. Glancene P. says:

I live in some nice apts. on Constitution Rd., but I am on the top floor and I don’t know how much longer I can go up and down steps. Can some one help?! My disability is RA. If someone has a house just sitting and it has not a lot of steps and you can go by my income, can you help me? Thank you! And I know God is here.

11. Nancy says:

Unfortunately, I do not find any of the responses here to be of any help. It is a real travesty when the US govt. is unwilling to provide its most vulnerable w/any real help, housing for the very low income disabled and or elderly while the Secret Service are off cavorting w/ Columbian hookers. That is actually light stuff compared to the criminal acts going on in the House and Congress and corporate America.

12. Cinda says:

I am a 55 yr. old disabled widow. Are there any programs that could help me buy a home of my own? I have never owned a home. I don’t even have a car. I need some help. Please.

Cinda

Hi Cinda,

You may wish to contact your local Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Housing Counseling Agency for assistance with your housing-related questions, including information about available grants and loans for buying a home. You can find contact information by visiting http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm and choosing the state you live in from the map on the page. Also, visit https://www.disability.gov/home/i_want_to/housing_options/buying_a_home for more home buying resources.

You may also want to contact your local independent living center (ILC) for information on programs and services that may be available to you. ILCs provide people with disabilities advocacy and support services, including assistance with employment, transportation, housing, health care and living skills. A list of ILCs in the United States can be found by visiting http://www.ilru.org/html/publications/directory/index.html and selecting your state from the map on the page.

• Barb says:

Do you really know what the situation is out here? Section 8 (HUD) housing lists are usually closed, sometimes up to years – at the city, county and state levels.

President Obama did designate our stimulus payback toward new homeowner down payment assistance. It’s a great program if you qualify.

HUD and all other housing services are income restricted. And, based on your state, can be reasonable income, but usually aren’t. It’s always a percentage of the federal poverty rate. Due to budget cuts, many states are reverting to the federal guidelines only.

If you are eligible and successfully are awarded any HUD housing, or Section 8, please contact a reputable realtor handling Section 8 properties. If you are over 55, you might want to do a personal local search of adult communities, which will often accept Section 8 vouchers. There are several kinds of Section 8 programs, so be sure to do some research before you apply. You can be on different lists at the same time. Some HUD housing require separate applications and use different waiting lists.

Research on your part is vital. I would personally guide you away from governmental agencies for the research. Contact your local agency for the aging, human development agency, other non-profits. You can find some information on a computer search for “subsidized housing” or homeowner financial assistance.

Also check with your local county/city assessors office to see if there is a tax waiver/reduction for disabled/elder persons. If you do get it, it is not retro-active, and you will lose much money. I learned this lesson when I moved from one state to another and paid over $1000 on my car tags (personal property) which could have cost me about 1/2 that. The licensing office knew I was disabled, as I requested a disability plate! Not a peep was mentioned that I was eligible for a deduction! Since I do not own a home, my car is eligible for the deduction in my state.

Best wishes on finding a safe, comfortable home. You can find it if you do your research and ask many questions. I toured about a dozen rental properties before I found where I am. I am very happy here in a 55+ apartment complex.

13. Shelly G. says:

How do I get help with finding housing? I am permantley disabled, my husband is unemployed. We are living with my in-laws, mother in law hates me, thinks I’m lazy because my disabilites make it impossible for me to cook meals, or help with household chores. My husband has to be my caretaker, we only have my SSD income. Everything I own is in storage, which is expensive. I’m so afraid that we will be kicked out at any moment and have nowhere to live. Please contact me and let me know anything at all that you can do help us to help ourselves. Thank you very much.

Hi Shelly,

You may wish to contact your local Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Housing Counseling Agency for assistance with your housing-related questions, including information about available grants and loans for buying a home, rental assistance and Section 8 and your rights under the Fair Housing Act. You can find contact information by visiting http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm and choosing the state you live in from the map on the page.

You can find additional information in the Housing Options section of Disability.gov at https://www.disability.gov/home/i_want_to/housing_options.

• Barb says:

What is your disability? There are actually some nonprofits which can offer housing opportunities if you have the “right” disease!

Good luck.

14. Wanda A. says:

I’m scared out of my mind. I’m in a D.V. shelter with two teenagers. I have until August to find suitable housing. The help in this agency is to no avail. I’m collecting SSI. I need your service to help me find a house for me and my daughters. Secure, safe, within buget. I don’t know what to do. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I live confused, lonely and scared. I want to stop running, ten years of it, I’m tired. I just need a home to reside with my babies. Thank you for this service.

Hi Wanda,

You may wish to contact your local Independent Living Center (ILC) to find out about programs in your area that may be able to assist you. ILCs provide people with disabilities advocacy and support services, including assistance with employment, transportation, housing, health care and living skills. To find contact information for an ILC near you, visit http://www.ilru.org/html/publications/directory/index.html.

For specific help with housing, you may wish to also contact your local HUD housing counseling agency. To find contact information, visit http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm and select your state from the map on the page.

15. Janice J. C. says:

I am a disabled veteran with two special needs children who both use service dogs. Our landlord wants us out due to the dogs. I need help with this problem.

Hi Janice,

You may wish to contact your state protection and advocacy agency (P&A) to find out more about your housing rights and how to get help with the issue with your landlord. You can find contact information for your state’s P&A by visiting http://www.napas.org/en/ndrn-member-agencies.html and selecting your state from the list on the right side of the page under “Select a State.”

• Barb says:

Also check your state’s law on service dogs. Where I live, as long as your doctor writes a letter to the landlord that this is an assistance animal, there is no pet deposit required, and you cannot be denied housing. It’s part of our tenant rights law.

Under our law, the animals are not required to be licensed service animals, but can be assistive companion pets for conditions such as mental illness.

You can bend the laws to the edge of breaking. Don’t believe what the first person tells you.

16. Eileen G. says:

My husband and I are already in Chapter 13 bankruptcy. We are 8 months behind on our mortgage. Tomorrow, I finally see a non-biased doctor for HHS to determine if I’m really disabled. I’ve got peripheral motor neuropathy & autonomic nervous system dysfunction. Our house is not at all wheelchair accessible, so I am constantly fainting and getting injured (severly enough to require surgery). We found a condo that is handicapped ready and very close to my husband’s employer. But I don’t think we’re going to be able to get a housing grant before we lose our current home to foreclosure due to the foot dragging of the SSA and HHS. I currently still have 13 herniated vertebrae from my last fainting episode. I’ve got a metal plate and 10 screws holding my left ankle together. My cervical vertebrae from C5 thru T1 are already fused. And I have a torn left rotator cuff. All of this because I can’t use my wheelchair in this stupid house. I’m sorry, I’m just venting because I’m frightened we’ll lose this house before we can get a grant.

• Fidelya says:

Along with housing choices you also need to add transportation choices. For example, there is no public transportation in the Sunnyside area of Midland and Midland Point area. This needs to be addressed along with housing options.

17. Danny M. says:

I am looking for grants or any kind of help that will help me get into my first new home. I am on permanent disability.

18. Dianna W. says:

All and any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

19. Myra D. says:

I reside here in Phila, Pa. Is there a realtor here that will help me find an apartment? I am disabled. I’ve been for the past seven years of my life. Trying to find decent, affordable housing here in Phila., Pa is impossible. I’ve been on the list for housing from PHA for six years. I’ve been renting a one bedroom apt., trying to pay the rent and my bills, and I’m struggling to make ends meet. The prices of things are going constantly rising. My income isn’t constantly rising.

• Barb says:

Many states/counties/cities have computerized listings of income based housing. Look for 55+ apartment communities also, which often are utilities paid.

If you are disabled and over 50, contact your agency for aging. If you receive Medicaid, contact your independent living council. Does Philly have more than one Section 8 program? Is there other types of HUD housing there? I’m sure there is. Research, research, research. I’m in Tucson, and we have 3 different Section 8 programs – city, county and state. There are also several HUD properties which have a different application/waiting list. Some are middle income housing. These are often the newer high rises. Low income housing is probably not what you’re looking for.

Also contact several local realtors to see if they participate in any subsidized housing programs. My guess is there are in your city, since it’s metro. These are not generally known to the public and you won’t find out about them from “help” agencies usually.

Some church organizations offer income based housing. Check with your Methodist churches and Jewish synagogs. you do not always need to be of that faith to be eligible. State with Catholic Charities (call the local diocese office to get the contact) or the local Jewish Federation, etc. Individual churches are usually not the best places to ask, since most are staffed by volunteers. Many pastors/rabbi don’t know what programs are available in their areas.

20. Behjat R. says:

Have worked for private [sector] and the State, and am looking for a job.

• Khaled says:

Posted was incredible, that was a very good read. In conclusion, someone who actually thinks and understands what they are blogging about. Quite difficult to find of late, especially on the web. I bookmarked your web blog and will make sure to keep coming back here if this is how you always write. Thank you, keep it up!

21. William C. says:

I have been paying $1495.00 for 6 years renting a home. I would like to purchase one as it is becoming too expensive and I can buy a home for less money.

22. Jerry M. says:

I am on SSI and I need to move as quickly as possible and I’m not sure what or where to go. I sure could use some help. Thank you for any help you can offer. Jerry

23. Domingos V. A. says:

I came by this before, and I wish you well. It’s so good to know all the work the US government has done to make all citizens well informed. More communication from the government gives us more rights with all the hope that somebody with this knowledge and experience can be saved of some or all difficulty. It is so beautiful to know how we can be helped by our government from some other difficulty.
    Thanks.

24. Donna and Roger J. says:

Roger and I have allways wanted to own our home but just never had the money to do so we are both in our 50″s and I don”t thank that will ever happen. If there:s anything you can help us with please let us know thank you Donna & Roger J.

25. Thelma B. says:

Hello, I was reading your blog and I am wondering is there anyway you can help me? I found a house that meets all of my needs, but am unable to purchase it. I am on total disability. I live in Greenville, NC 27834. Maybe you can help me. I have asked everyone I can think that could give me some insight, even help with the purchase of the house. It has been empty for a long, long time. If I could get some help I could be the owner of a house that fits all of my handicapped needs. You may be able to pull it up on your website. The house is located in Winterville, NC. Please let me know if you can help me. I would greatly appreciate it!! May God Bless each of you and the help that you can give me.
    Thelma B.

26. Joseph B. says:

My name is Joseph B. and I am disabled and need a home bad. I was approved on March 29 of 2012. I live with my daughter right now until I can get my own home. Can you help me? I get a check in May. Thank you.