Introducing the New Ticket to Work Website!
Introducing the New Ticket to Work Website!

Categories: Benefits & Assistance Programs, Employment

Screen Capture of New Ticket to Work WebsiteBy Guest Blogger Bob Williams, Associate Commissioner for the Social Security Administration’s Office of Employment Support Programs

I’m pleased to announce the redesigned Ticket to Work website! The new portal, www.socialsecurity.gov/work, is your entry point to program information, resources and news about our employment support programs.

We provide many ways to connect with the Ticket to Work program! People who receive Social Security disability benefits and want to work, or are already working, can find the following resources on the site:

• Real Success Stories from people who used their Ticket to go to work and improve their life.
  • A Find Help tool to search for service providers who can help you explore your employment and earnings options.
  • Employment Network (EN) report cards to help you choose the EN that best fits your needs.
  • The Choose Work blog, featuring news about our programs and other employment topics.
  • FREE monthly Work Incentives Seminar Event (WISE) webinars and access to past webinars for viewing anytime.
  • Easy access to Social Security’s Ticket to Work Help Line, social media and email updates.

The website also offers:

Socialsecurity.gov/work, the Ticket Help Line and WISE webinars (both live and archived) allow you access to information when you want it and how you want it, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I urge you to visit the website, call 1-866-968-7842 (V) or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY/TDD) or email us at support@chooseworkttw.net today! As always, if you are seeking one-on-one assistance, contact the Ticket Help Line to speak with knowledgeable representatives who can answer your questions and help you get started.

We believe these tools will enable you and other beneficiaries like you to better access the information, resources and supports you need to make more informed choices about how you can go to work, increase your earnings and perhaps one day leave cash benefits behind for a better, more secure life.

Bob Williams is the Associate Commissioner for the Social Security Administration’s Office of Employment Support Programs. Previously, he was the Commissioner of the Administration on Developmental Disabilities and later headed the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office on Disability, Aging and Long Term Care Policy.

10 Responses to Introducing the New Ticket to Work Website!

1. hcg says:

Nice. Thanks for posting that. I will definitely come back to see what’s new and recommend this to my friends. hcg.

2. HCG says:

Great site. Thanks for posting this. I will definitely come here to find out more and inform my neighbors about your writing. hcg.

3. Pamela says:

I would like to say that the Ticket to Work is great for people that feel well enough to go back to work. My problem is I’m a mother of 5 children, I became ill after my 5th child. I asked for SSDI – I had enough work credits, plus more then I knew about, as my ex-husband and I had bunnies, which taxes were paid into. I never got those work credits. It took 3 yrs, I went through the appeal process, could not work at the same type of work, which was heavy lifting, also did not have any skills besides hard labor, retail, waitress, warehouse work. Now after all this time, my condition has gotten worse. They ask if I would like a Ticket to Work. I cannot – I have a son, age 13, who has ADHD. I’ve been fighting for his rights at school, and after working since age 13, never received my SSDI. I get SSI. I had 3 doctors, including the state doctor, who said at that time I could not return to the same type of work, could not work. No one told me about work credits. I was losing, waiting only to be turned down, still disabled, have been diagnosed wrong. I’ve seen about 70 doctors in the last 9 yrs. I feel as though the judge was discriminatory against me, also the Social Security Dept. should have told me I am losing credits and missing credits, yet some people go in there fake and get there SSDI. Thanks for listing!

4. R. Sheldon says:

This is actually a great and helpful piece. I am happy that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

5. Jackie says:

I saw your site a couple of days ago. I am glad they let people know the truth. If a person works, the person can take a CHANCE if they choose to work. But all their benefits may be taken, so if a person needs to get back on, he/she might have a hard time getting back on S.S. I was told they make it harder for anyone that is under 50 years old to get S.S.

6. Nancy J. says:

Please send me information on what ENTs I can contact to start looking for work. I need to go to work right away. Thanks!

7. Valerie B. says:

Please send me any information via my email that will helpful and understandable for the Ticket to Work Program. I can get jobs pretty easy because although I am disabled, I have a great attitude about my life. Keeping the jobs is almost impossible because I have so many health issues. Is this Program a program that is in any way an incentive for employers?

8. Melinda Mae D. says:

I cannot even do this – it is hard and so stressful. No more pushing the issue.